We’re gearing up quickly for the race in May and our first order of business is to start gathering volunteer support for our May 4-5, 2013 event. We have an exciting event weekend lined up that includes the Saturday Time Trial & Circuit Race - in Bennington & Shaftsbury, and the Sunday Road Race in Manchester and surrounding communities.
As with all road cycling events, it can’t happen without volunteer support!
The vast majority of volunteers are road marshals and below are the general responsibilities:
• Direct & usher participants safely through various intersections on the course
• Work with law enforcement at intersections where a traffic right-of-way is being modified
• Communicate with race personnel
For a ~6 hour commitment during the event, volunteer benefits include:
• Event t-shirt (a really cool one!)
• Volunteer training (in person, or by web/conference call for non-local volunteers)
On top of all that, we’re ready to announce the Group Reimbursement Program for Volunteers!
• For qualified 501(c)3 not-for-profit organizations only
• $300 donation for every 10 volunteers provided per shift, OR
• $550 for every 15 volunteers provided per shift.
Ready to sign up? Click here to get the process started. Questions? Email our Volunteer Director at
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS THAT YOU WILL NEED
Please print out and bring the Release Form with you
MORE VOLUNTEER INFORMATION IS COMING SOON!
Check back often for the latest road marshal instructions and FAQ's, zone locations, maps, volunteer schedules, release form information, and more.